Accessing Services

In order for you to access subsidised services, you must first be registered and assessed by the Australian Government’s centralised contact centre, known as My Aged Care (MAC). My Aged Care is a national online and telephone service to help determine what Aged Care services you may be eligible to receive, to improve your wellbeing and help you maintain a level of independence.

The assessment process varies depending on what type of services you are seeking. Be can assist you through the entire process.

3 easy steps to get started

  1. Recognise you need assistance
  2. Register with My Aged Care with the help of our friendly staff. Visit their website or to get started. If you need assistance, feel free to give us a call and we can help you through the entire process.
  3. Join the Comlink Australia family and find the right kind of assistance to suit your needs

Comlink Australia is committed to ensuring your needs are met in a timely manner. Ordinarily, you are required to be registered through My Aged Care and have an assessment before you can commence with services.

However, Comlink Australia can provide interim services to you without you having to be registered with My Aged Care or being assessed in the event you are faced in an urgent situation. We understand that things happen sometimes that we have no control over. Whether you fall ill suddenly or your normal carer is unavailable, Comlink Australia are here to help.

Community Transport

Transport can be arranged simply by calling our office. Three working days’ notice is ideal or book as soon as you have arranged your appointment. You can book by calling Comlink Australia on 1300 761 011.

The cost of transport varies depending on a number of factors, including distance and funding eligibility. If you contact our office, someone from our transport team will ask you a few questions to better understand your situation and will be able to provide you with an accurate quote.

Home Care Packages

The Government has determined the following items cannot be included in a Home Care Package:

  • Items that would normally be purchased out of general income
  • Purchase of food, except as part of enteral feeding requirements
  • Payment for permanent accommodation, including assistance with home purchase, mortgage payments or rent
  • Payment of home care fees
  • Payment of fees or charges for other types of care funded or jointly funded by the Government
  • Home modifications or capital items that are not related to a consumer’s care needs
  • Travel and accommodation for holidays
  • Cost of entertainment activities, such as club memberships and tickets to sporting events
  • Gambling activities
  • Payment for services and items covered by the Medicare Benefits Schedule or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme

While you own the Home Care Package, Comlink Australia will assign you your very own Case Manager to help manage the package. Your Case Manager will liaise with you frequently to ensure your most current needs are addressed at all times and the Home Care Package is having a positive impact on your independence and ability to remain living in your home.

Your Case Manager will ensure your Care Plan is always up to date, your individual needs are always met and you are continuously consulted and informed about potential options and services that will be of benefit to you.

At any point, for any reason, you can contact Comlink Australia and your Case Manager will be available to you.

About Comlink Australia