Participating in Comlink Companions gives you the opportunity to be matched with a like-minded volunteer who is interested in spending time with you. Your volunteer will visit you fortnightly, either in your home or a location of your choice. How you spend your time is completely up to you. The opportunities are endless, but may include:
- Having a cup of tea and a chat
- Do a crossword puzzle together
- Pottering in a garden
- Going for a short walk together
- Reminiscing about old times and looking through photo albums
- Reading a book or newspaper together
- Sharing stories and memories
- Having a coffee and cake at a local cafe
- Driving to the beach or visiting the local nursery
Loneliness is a bigger problem than simply an emotional experience. Research shows loneliness and social isolation are harmful to our health and may contribute to serious health conditions such as stroke, heart attack, dementia, depression and anxiety. Regular social visits by our volunteers are reducing the negative effects of loneliness and isolation.
To be eligible to access Comlink Companions, you need to be receiving services through a Home Care Package with any provider, be on the national waitlist for Home Care Package services, or living in a Residential Aged Care Facility. There are no fees or expenses for you to participate in the program and participation does not replace any other services you receive, rather, it complements them.
How can I get involved?
Recognising you need a little help and reaching out for it can be daunting. We simplify the requirements and bring the opportunities to you, making the whole process a lot easier. If you’re interested in creating new friendships and taking part in Comlink Companions, please call us today on 07 5390 1218 to speak to one of our friendly team, or email new email address. Comlink Companions is funded by the Australian Government under its Community Visitor Scheme initiative.
Call Comlink Australia today on 07 5390 1218 to speak to one of our friendly staff.
Call us on 07 5390 1218
3 easy steps
- Recognise you need assistance
- Register with My Aged Care with the help of our friendly staff
- Join the Comlink Australia family and find the right assistance to suit your needs